Saturday, November 14, 2009

8330 McGroarty

Dear Neighbors,

On October 19, 2009 at the STNC's Land Use Committee, the committee voted to unanimously support the neighbors around 8330 McGroarty that the protected oak trees in this area should be preserved.

Below is an status update from Council District 2.

For more information and updates, please attend the next STNC meeting on Wednesday, November 18 at 7 p.m.

--Cindy Cleghorn, Secretary
Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council
www.stnc.org
follow at http://stncnews.blogspot.com/

>>>Hi Cindy,

Since there is considerable interest in the issue among Sunland-Tujunga residents, I would appreciate it if you could forward this e-mail to your list.

I just talked to Public Works Commissioner Andrea Alarcon about Mr. Vella's request to be relieved of the street improvement requirements at his property so as to preserve the several trees that are located in the affected area. I informed the Commissioner that CD-2 supports preserving the trees and expressed the community's and the Council District's gratitude for any help she could give us. She will be doing a site visit with her staff in the next few weeks, and she invited me to attend. She will make her decision after the field meeting.

I will let you know how the meeting goes.

Dale Thrush
Director of Planning and Economic Development
Council District 2<<<

No comments: