It was a busy day today with the City Clerk. I first heard that the City Clerk's office was not verifying Stakeholder Group reps so I sent out a call for help to Amelia Herrera-Robles (Sr. DONE Advocate) and included BongHwan Kim (DONE Gen'l Mgr) in the email. Within a short time I heard back that they had the questions resolved and they contacted those candidates to get their verifications processed. It was frustrating and stressful for a few hours but it seems to have all worked out.
A number of candidates signed up today and there was a late afternoon rush of filings. I do not yet know the complete list but it should be posted on the City Clerk's website by tomorrow.
I want to extend my appreciation to the board and members of the community for encouraging neighbors to run. With our usual busy lives and meetings, the rains and the clean up from the rains, we've been busy. Some more than others have had a lot to handle. Thank you.
The next step is the write-in period. Write-ins will not be printed on the ballots but their names will be on a list at the Polling place on election day. This is because the position they are running for must be verified by the City Clerk.
To check on the list of candidates tomorrow. Click on this link and then go down to the Candidate List. Right now it says Coming Soon in red. Tomorrow it should have the word NEW in red. http://cityclerk.lacity.org/election/ncdocs/SUNLAND-TUJUNGA%20NC.pdf
Good luck to all who stepped forward to serve your community. I will distribute the complete list tomorrow once it is posted by the City Clerk.
The STNC will continue its 2010 elections outreach efforts with "getting out the vote" for STNC election day on Saturday, March 27, 2010. Save this date and be sure to attend upcoming meetings to meet candidates.
--Cindy Cleghorn, Secretary
Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council
No comments:
Post a Comment